To be formally certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, you must develop relevant skills associated with the methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma first.
You then demonstrate your ability to apply those skills in the workplace and generate value for host companies.
The goal of this process is to assess your knowledge and competency with Lean and Six Sigma methods as a business improvement practitioner at a level recognised globally as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Click on this link to down the AOBIL LSS Certification Overview.
This certification process requires that you undertake the following:
- You lead multiple projects requiring Lean and Six Sigma expertise and the ability to manage a project through the DMAIC sequence; and
- Submit validated project reports (accompanied by affidavits signed by project champions) for a total of 3 projects that demonstrate your ability with Lean Six Sigma; and
- Non-members must also attain a 70 percent pass mark for the LSSBB examination
Note: AOBIL Members who have completed QDM and QFD have already met the requirements of the certification examination.
When you purchase this certification, you will be provided with:
- Guidelines for lodgement of your evidence of competency / LSS Projects
- Forms (personal details, affidavit)
- Access to an open book examination (if a non-member) which you will be required to complete within a specified time frame
Who Should Participate?
- Students of the AOBIL training program who seek LSSBB qualifications after completing QFD and QDM modules of training, and are already certified at the LSSGB level
- Any BI practitioners who have (a) undertaken formal and relevant Lean Six Sigma training elsewhere to the Black Belt level, (b) have relevant application experience, and (c) believe they can meet the competencies stipulated by AOBIL for a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Information For RPL Candidates / Non AOBIL Members
We highly recommend that you access the AOBIL LSS Certification Guidelines for RPL and check that you are ready to undergo the process before you purchase this product!
Simply visit the RPL answer page here to access that guide.
Upon successful completion of this certification process, you will be issued with:
(a) Statement of Qualification as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) in recognition of the level of competency you have achieved
(b) Accreditation as a Certified Business Improvement Leader (CBIL) issued by IBIL Australia
(a) Must have participated in formal LSS Black Belt level training (evidence of participation will be required and must show a suitable level of training in both Lean and Six Sigma at a project level)
(b) AOBIL Members must be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt already (if not, you will need to complete the LSSGB Certification first)
(c) Must have led a minimum of 3x Lean Six Sigma oriented business improvement projects in total
(d) To complete the examination (for non AOBIL Members), you must have access to a computer and relevant statistical analysis software (Minitab ® or SigmaXL ® )
(e) We recommend you have access to the body of knowledge used for examinations – Process Mastery with Lean Six Sigma