It’s finally here after almost a decade of reserving this for the big corporations – Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training with the man who wrote the book; George Lee Sye.
Lean Six Sigma Training with George
Many training organisations make the fatal mistake of using the old ‘six sigma’ model of training and slipping into the mix a few lean tools so they can refer to it as ‘lean six sigma’.
Unfortunately this is exactly what creates problems in the industry – it doesn’t work properly, students struggle to understand how it’s used and it gives lean six sigma a bad name. When it fails to deliver results, people then blame the methodologies as the cause.
George Lee Sye’s approach to lean six sigma training has been super successful for our corporate customers for a number of reasons:
- George doesn’t treat lean six sigma as the be all or end all, he teaches it as an improvement approach and toolkit that’s used to help you ‘execute’ your business plan
- George teaches lean and six sigma in two separate contexts where they each address a specific improvement issue the way they were intended
- We use a sophisticated business simulation that effectively represents the dynamics of production and service environments, not a lego assembly game
- Students get a tonne of ‘hands-on’ involvement in using both methods so they experience the toolkits
- The goal is always to get the improvement and generate value, not use a pre-determined list of lean or six sigma tools
- George’s students realise that what he really teaches them is (a) how to ask the right questions and (b) how to look at business and processes in a way that drives value adding improvement and will enhance their career significantly like it has his
Please pass this on to anyone you know is ready for this type of career development.